101 Things Everyone Should Know about Economics, 2nd Edition is dedicated to you who are in charge of your finances today or will be someday who strive to make sense of the complex economic world around you. Ultimately, you want to know what is important to you, to your family, and to your future; you want to know why it is important to know. This edition in particular is dedicated to making sense of the dismal years of the Great Recession, learning its lessons, and doing well for yourself and your family regardless of the current economic climate.
From the collapse of housing prices to the thousand-point drops in the stock market, the past has been full of economic crises. These changes not only affect the overall market they can also drastically influence your personal finances and day-to-day life. In this easy-to-understand guide, Peter Sander explains how the financial system works, as well as the most important concepts, terms, and programs in economics. Using simple language, he details how the evolving climate will affect world economies and what kind of shifts you are going to see in your finances as a result.
In this updated edition, Sander also includes valuable information on:
- The housing market and what it may do in the future
- The impact of Obamacare on the economy
- The scope of the Great Recession and how the U.S. is still struggling to recover
- How to take advantage of the economy as it begins to rise again
THE ECONOMY IN SEVEN STEPS
- Economy and Economic Cycles
- Money, Prices, and Interest Rates
- Banks and Central Banking
- Government and Government Programs
- Economic Schools and Tools
- Finance and Financial MarketsTrade and International Economics